Monday, March 18, 2013

The Room That Got it All Started

Before

Before

Before

Before

Before

Before
Above are the before photos of our home office/craft room.  You will notice how it is in major disarray.  The furniture overtakes the space, clutter is everywhere, and the room seems gloomy and dark.  When people came to visit, I shut the door.

Now for the after photos:
After

After

After

After



 Now the room appears bright and cheery with minimal clutter.  I am now able to keep the door open when I have visitors.  

The white desks and shelves were purchased from IKEA and assembled by my dad.  I bought the fabric drawers from Home Depot, since I wanted to be able to put labels on them.  My niece arranged the drawers so that each color appears only once vertically in each column and only once hortizontally in each row.  

The floor is Allure Ultra, also from Home Depot.  I eventually want to do my entire first floor with this, since it is water proof and scratch resistant.  It is easy to clean, and with dogs and kids visiting that is a must.  

For the walls, I wanted chalkboards, so I bought cheap door mirrors and painted them with magnetic primer and pink chalkboard paint.  To organize things like paper clips, rubber bands, erasers, tacks, etc, I bought magnetic spice holders and a pizza pan.  The French memo boards were made with framed canvases, material, ribbon, and the clear tacks that twist in.  Finally, I switched out the dark green curtains with the cream color ones that I found on clearance at Target.


No comments:

Post a Comment